Mum returned from her medical appointment. The doctor was very pleased with how well she is doing. She put on 1.5 kg within the last two weeks and she managed to stay on her feet longer today. She came home and ate a big bowl of instant noodles. I overheard a conversation with her friends yesterday that when she cooks for herself, she tends to eat better. So that tells you a lot about my cooking. She uses MSG, I don't. She adds salt, I used sea salt and as far as possible avoid anything with IRON in it for her.
I have decided to lean on Jesus and refused to call mum today even though I was tempted to. I am also thankful that the sun was hot and gruelling today reminding me once again of God's promise to my family when the journey began. I felt peace throughout the day about mum. Peace that really surpassed all understanding about the outcome, about how she would be. I trusted that God went with her and sustained her throughout the whole medical appointment that started at 9am. She didn't get home till after three. There she met a friend who told her that two months after mum was operated on, she too was hospitalized for colon cancer with a tumor the size of an orange. She is undergoing chemotherapy too. I commented that many people are suffering from this sickness.
Joshua said that cancer is immortal cells living in a mortal body. How ironic! How well put. He adviced that I should not see just gloom because there is sunshine. I agree to a certain extent but humans are humans and our feeble faith leans on our own understanding about how God should work. Many times we doubt if God will answer our prayers. But it is not about whether God will answer prayers it is about if we are happy with the answers He gives us.
Richard's friends came over to cheer her up two days ago. They had a good laugh. We are thankful for such visitors. Laughter is really the best medicine. I think I need to get a good laugh myself.
As of Wednesday, many of my trainees I previously shared my experiences with are out to enjoy their practicum. So each day when I get up to go to work, I now know they are also getting up early to go to work. I miss being the supervisor. Each visit to a new school taught me new things about the education system and about myself as a teacher. It is certainly going to be tough trying to prepare lessons everyday but surely it can be done. I prepare lessons on the day itself sometimes. Well that is where all the stress come from and the shallow breath is not good. Here is wishing all my trainees a wonderful time at Practicum. Enjoy the little ones. They are precious.
Talk to you all again.
No comments:
Post a Comment