Sunday, February 11, 2007


11th February 2007
Mum busied herself to get ready for the Chinese New Year. She taught me how to make gluten for a vegetarian dish that she has taught all three of us to cook. Each with our own improved version but still nothing like Mum's. She ate well these two days and she even has the strength to go marketing with me and dad on Saturday morning. She was up and about for two hours as we go shopping for dried goods for the new year. She made plans about what to cook so she decided not to go to Rebecca's for the week. Her second course of chemotherapy will end this Tuesday. We will rest until the 19th before going for the last round. Please pray for us during this lunar new year. I will be cooking most of the dishes and I hope I can do as good a job as mum. Pray that mum will be able to rest well. There will be visitors and we pray that they will come but not stay long so she can catch some rest. Pray she will not catch any virus especially with people who will come visiting. Pray for the children, my nieces and nephews that they will be healthy and not bring any viruses back from their schools. Pray that dad will be healthy too.

She rushed me to church this morning. I forgot that there is a swap of pastor. He will be coming from California. I was late for service but it was a good sermon. It dealt with small groups. I also got a very unpleasant experience this morning with regard to going to church. This brings me to talk about being fashionable with GOD. For some nine years now I have been looking for a church. I did go church hunting when I got back from Calgary initially but none I found to be what I would call home. So I stopped going to church entirely. I only began to go to church about two years ago when an ex student told me that God wanted me back at church. My mum was always nagging at me to go back to church and occasionally I attended her chinese church. But I was never committed to any and when I go church, mum will always be so happy. She believed that when I went church, I would be changed by Jesus. Well, I was not so obedient until recently in November. I believed those who followed my blog know that.

I always rationalized why I should not go church. One of the reasons is that the church today are more into food. Many many tables of food after service. The fellowship at the tables although brought up a lot of conversation but is that all to Christian fellowship. I also found that many young people today go to church because they are INTO God for the moment. When will they be OUT of God. Is it fashionable to be a Christian? Is that it? I struggled with this for a while now. What does it mean for many young people to be INTO God? If God be real, then why is God treated so lightly?

I realized I took God very lightly too for the last nine years. The time I could have spent at the throne of Grace I was INTO something or OUT of something. I used to go to Karaoke at the RC while people sang at church or read the bible at Home just to ease my conscience. But it is nothing like going to Church. Not every sunday is a great sunday, an awakening sunday because there are boring sermons, poor singing and really boring day but we are there not to be entertained but to meet GOd.

I wonder if meeting God means some hair raising event. Will it be as if the lightning struck right beside you? I only want this...that God be revealed in all His glory. Today's sermon mentioned about the need to be gathered together as Christians because the days are coming. All the more we should gather. It struck me then the days are coming are the dark days, the end times. These are the days. The time has come for us to come together to support each other in these dark times. Pollution, environmental degradation, wars, sickness, rebellion etc. All telling us that this is a tough world we live in and we need each other all the more. When saints gather to pray for each other, then we find strength, we remind ourselves of who we believe, why we believe and to continue on to believe He will come soon. I find that I wasted 9 years. I could have used those times to pray for my brethen and grow together. I cannot tell God I love Him and stay at home to worship Him alone. Pray for me that I will remember what I learned today.
Are you fashionable with God? Are you INTO or OUT of God? What do we take God for? I don't know how to answer the questions for you. But today, I tasted what it was like when I told God, I took Him seriously only by staying away from His church and that Hurt Him greatly . I felt that pain this morning. I am sure He felt it for all nine years.

The Pastor also preached about why some people just don't want to go church or join a small group. So young people reading my blog, are you serious about whom you believe? For those who have always been going to church, are you doing it because you want to support fellow brethren or you are just INTO church?

Have a great week.

No comments: