12th November 2006
Mum is eating well. She had chicken rice the day after our return from Beijing. She missed the food here the most. Pray that she will continue to improve in her appetite. I heard one sneeze and I am already worried. She is not supposed to catch the cold or the flu. Sigh! I got the cold and now coughing. Something just stuck in my throat.
I was able to go to church today. The children's choir was singing when I walked in. I was very late. I had to do some housework before leaving for church. This is my second time in this church I am visiting. I had an interesting experience today. There was a mission festival and they shared about distributing bible in the province of Szechuan. I visited the booths that promoted the various missions the church is involved in. I checked out a mission out at Honduras and El Salvador. May be I will take time to go there in June. I have never been to Central America. Then there was the bible distribution in China. I wanted to find out more about educating children or teachers instead. I like the fact that the church is involved in missions. This is an international church with an American pastor. And the church is active with missions. The pastor was quick to remind the congregation not just to be involved in missions in foreign lands but to be involved with the neighbour next door too. He pointed out that we must realize a few things about missions. He told all of us that God commanded that we go out to preach the gospel and the job does not lie only with the pastor. We need to preach the gospel because people want to hear it. We have to because hell is real and if we don't do it, we are sending them to a real place. But of all these, he says we have to do it right now!
He brought back some memories of Calgary. I used to complain to God when people would look me up on campus just to tell me their woes and troubles. I complained because they always get me when I had my midterms (exams and tests) and I had very little time to study. I remember how one Hong Kong girl I never knew called me up late at night just to tell me how her Singaporean friend objected to her marriage to a non christian. I never knew her and she told me all these in one night. Every time after these occasions occurred I would look back and understood what just happened. Soon I learned to follow God's leading and allowed such occasions to take place. I also learn to allow God to prepare me and feed me with wisdom to know how to reach out to the person He wanted me to share with. I met Kittie later after I told her what I thought about her situation. She did marry the non Christian man. He became a christian later and she told me that too when I bummed into her a year after she graduated. It is about NOW! So how to tell when is the NOW? I guess we just have to be Operational Ready all the time.
Again, today the pastor said about our faith. It is a simple faith. It is very simple. How can you not believe what God has done for you? How true!
Please continue to pray for my mother. She needs to sleep or else she will not be able to fight the disease. She also needs to know we are supporting her in prayer and in deed.
No comments:
Post a Comment