Sunday, February 07, 2010

A very busy week at the new school

The week has finally gone by and all the madness of it all. I thought I could not survive the week with my new group of students. But thank God I did. School as usual is busy. Nothing very much is new. My boys from last year have all started their first week and I hope they too survived.

This afternoon, Joshua shared with me about what he heard in Arpc. He said that the pastor talked about how Singaporeans have a god called WORK. And how Christians kept asking about God's will in our lives when all God wanted was for us to please Him. Although the answer is simple but the action takes a lot from many of us who are unwilling to surrender. I am a workaholic. And I too know that I have to please God. And I know I have to do what He wants me to do. No I am not a robot and He knows too that it is not easy for me to give in. So there is work to be done in my heart for what He has laid up for me. I am a little unsettled with where I am. Although I plough through the work like a pro, deep down there is a strong desire to just go. But where? When? So I must wait.



The speaker at my church talked about What is the Gospel. I like one of the things he said. He said that the gospel is a plan. God is the creator of this plan. God is a navigator throughout this plan. When the plan is finished, God will be the judge. The speaker was very theological with his sermon and all I could remember was I am not to be ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the way to salvation. It is not a card that allow us to pass by hell. It is instead a relationship of a fulfilling life in God. So the gospel is more than getting out of hell but rather it is about getting into a relationship with our Mighty God. Interesting way of looking at the Gospel, isn't it?

And indeed our God is mighty to save!