Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Christmas Dinner was GREAT!

The Christmas dinner was great. I will put up the photos once they are ready. We have an overseas guest with us that night. I nearly forgot about Tianhan who was waiting for us to come online to chat with him.
All my 8 guests arrived. Joshua and Melvin cooked the pasta. I didn't think it was that simple to cook but Melvin was the chef for this dish. He imagined he should have rosemary, salt and whatever I had cut up for the aglio olio. Both these guys told me that I should be able to make it too since it is the simplest pasta dish. But I always thought it was difficult since it cost so much to eat it in the restaurants. Now I know...so don't order any sphagetti when you are out. Eat in. It is really simple. I shall do up a video and teach next time. Hahaha.

When we sat around the table to talk about the good old times, Melvin was just exclaiming how young Ronnie continues to look. The boys also brought up some familiar names of my going to be ex colleagues and they wondered if their teachers are doing well. All the boys are very kind. They finished almost the whole turkey. The turkey turned out excellent and all of us were amazed by how good the turkey tasted. I roasted at 140degrees celsius for 5 hours. And basted the turkey with its juices and red wine and rosemary. It was really good. I made all the 8 dishes and they were almost all gone except for the trifle. The trifle although was not exactly following the recipe shown in the video, did turn out really yummy. I am going to make the same trifle for my sister's dinner tomorrow night. I will also change the recipe again. Hopefully it will be more exciting. I drizzled chocolate mint baileys the last time, I will do the same. ahhaha.
By the end of the night, the men cleaned my dishes. Future doctors at my kitchen sink, future bankers clearing my plates. I was impressed. I exclaimed they will make such good husbands! But they told me...they do it only for me. Because I worked very hard that day...RIGHT!
The night ended with taking photos of us at the table with Tianhan. We chatted with him for more than an hour and we took a shot of him with us. Will share the photos when it is ready. Melvin has it or do I have it. Anyways, I am too busy these days to get the photos. 
We did our gift exchanges. I gave all the men the same gifts. All have a pair of RENOMA socks. All have shower gel from HARVARD. Well I thought since they cannot be there to study, they deserve to bathe with them. I believe most of you got shower gel, simply because they were all out of stock at Body shop, Marks and spencer etc. So I know, I wil probably get shower gel too for Christmas. And I gave them a hand towel to use too. And a pack of chocolates and a box of strawberry pastries for the Christmas. Ronnie is a man of very very few words. He thanked me and added that he doesn't know what else to say. So I actually asked how is he going to communicate with his patients. He told me, he is different with his patients. Ronnie will specialize in internal medicine and he shows concerns about my diabetic condition. I have been really bad. I ate a lot of nice sweet stuff and drank some white wine. Not too much to get me drunk but I know my blood is so sweet that even I smell sweetly.
Okay, I shall walk off the sugars. I will be good since Santa is out of town soon.
I had some very special Christmas gifts this year. God gave me 8 gentlemen to spend my Christmas with. A day alone to sort out my thoughts and found I didn't spend much time thinking through things. I have thrown out a lot of stuff and now I got back a bedroom that I will try not to work in. I will not work in the area that I sleep. I will work in the living room so that the electrical energy will be kept there and not in the area I sleep although I do watch tudou in my room. I thank God for reminding me to be grateful for a special group of friends and family I have. 
Here's to all my great friends, Bonita, Shin Miin, Leng Leng, Siew Yong and Florence, God Bless ALL of you and keep you safe from all unreasonable people and unreasonable demands of life.
Here's to my family and God family: May God continues to keep us safe and enrich every part of our lives. God keep us in His peace always.