Friday, August 08, 2008

Beijing Olympics is finally here!

Dad and I watched the Olympics in my room. I am just so touched and proud that I cried. China is really great. Perhaps all these years I have been wishing that it will become strong and can announce to the world that China can do it. I am just so happy! I am so glad to share this moment with my dad
The opening ceremony was spectacular. From the 29 footprints bursting throughout Changan Street the main artery of Beijing in a great display of fireworks, China's first invention to the printed press to a vibrant trade of tea and silk, China ROARS!

I did not pay much attention to other Olympics but China certainly has started a standard the next hosing country must beat. Without Steven Spielberg, the Chinese did it. Perhaps relying too much on what we think is experience may not be a good thing. Because China didn't have Spielberg, they created their own brand of standard. A more sensible, cultured and touch of colours. Those who opposed China now has given China a chance to show the world what it can really do with its own touch of class. So never say never until we try. When all forsake you, try harder.

I also noticed that there are lots of male power involved in the show. I was pretty impressed with the Tai Qi performance especially with the movable screens and splash of colours. Most of all I was impressed with what the white can do on the canvas. The unforgettable running in between and never once hit anyone was breath taking.
The globe on the left took one year to make and you can see people flying on each of the latitude as if they were walking around the globe from east to west or vis versa. The song was good. About holding hands.

If we each held on to another hand, won't this be great.
May the Lord bless China throughout the Olympics. May the Christians there remain prayerful as the games continue. May God keep Beijing free of severe pollution. Many have sacrificed in order for the games to begin. Tonight it is worth the wait and the sacrifice. It is very tough on the rest of China as Beijing host the games but such is the spirit of China. They will rally despite opposition, rejection, problems and many more.

My nephew Ryan is involved in the National Day Parade tomorrow. He has complained that it has been very tiring over the last 7 months or more training for tomorrow. We will support him by staying glued to the TV. He comes out at 7pm tomorrow.

Tonight's fireworks at Beijing were just WOW! Take a look.