Have been trying to blog for the last week, but I deleted them because I realized that my life has become a lot calmer. I also noticed that Iam blogging more about my work and I think I might have hit the writer's derth.
What should I write today? I took sick leave this morning because I really could not pull myself off from my bed with the bad sinus attack and an absess at the back of my neck. The pain is excruciating when I sleep so I rather lie face down. I wish I don't have to go to work on Friday but there is a test I need to administer. So fast, time flew just like that and then October and I will be flying back to Beijing again. I am looking forward to the return. Partly because this new batch of students will be those I know and I hope to have a good time with them. I am also going to try and work towards more interaction with the local schools there so that my students get the best of both worlds.
Yesterday two boys came into class a little late and before I could start my lesson, they requested that they would like to do a biography about me. I was really surprised they want to write about me because I am just an ordinary teacher. So I recommended a few of my colleagues for them to work on. But they turned me down infront of the class. I think to make me consent, they really complimented me too highly. My school will tell you that all of us are great teachers! So by right, they can interview any teacher to get a story. Well, I told them to read my blog and they will know I am just any other teacher on the street.
As I was watching news from Beijing, I saw some places are now beautifully decorated to welcome the Olympics. I bought a t shirt that says China wins. I will be wearing it on 8th August. I gave three t shirts out. All of us will be wearing it on that day and in spirit we are with China. Many problems are still not solved. The air quality, the security issues and threats of terrorism are still hovering in the city. I will pray that God be merciful and may God Bless China and may the people of God in China unite and pray for a good Olympics so that the World will know China Can Do! Many may think I am proChina. Yes I am. I believe with all my heart, the Lord is going to do a mighty work there and I don't want to miss the action.
Last Friday, my project group was down at Pipit Road to distribute food packages to 20 families. I brought 5 sec 1 boys with me to 4 homes. One was out. Their jaws dropped as they listened to the stories of all those they visited. I wondered if their lives are changed after this experience or will they become more apathetic. You know we know the right thing to do but we just don't do it. Is it because we have no energy? Is it because we just don't see any end to this problem? Is it because the call of duty is just 6 hours? I only know that I have been fulfilling a dream of feeding the poor and I have since gone towards that direction. I am trying to help people see that we can do something with whatever we have and many of us have a lot to share. When I shopped for $35 worth of groceries, I found I could buy a lot of things. I hope one day, there will be a day when the poor can get fresh food people donate. I have confidence that God will see my project through.
I take training my project group members rather seriously. I check if they learn anything each time they meet. Be it project or research papers, all students under my charge work very hard. But I have also found that the groups I am getting are not thinking too much. I have come to this conclusion that really I am younger than them. Young minds supposed to fire up new ideas but I found that I am setting the blaze and they are just trailing. Gone are the days when my students actually teach me things. I wish my boys now can teach me something new.
It felt good the other day when I was at a meeting of all science teachers. I was able to showcase some useful sites and resources for their teaching. My principal is very adamant that I focus on my talent for seeking information. He may be right. I attended a course on giftedness and talent. The theory states that giftedness is innate but talent develops when giftedness is given a chance. Since then I have become more aware of my gifts. I am very perceptive. Wonder what will happen when I develop this. I also believe more and more that my talent lies in music and singing. So I should quit my job and join the Singapore Idol...old idol that is. I have thought about sustaining my retirement by singing jingles for commercials...crazy?? May be not. I also thought about cutting a record...well...dreams..are for me. If I stop dreaming, then life can be a bore.
Nobody can say dreams will not come true. It is really up to us to bring it to pass. So like I always say, verbalize your dreams...someone with like mindedness might just hear you and say..."Hey! Do it!" and it is done.
Life is full of its problems. But we can always hope for a better day. Cherish the moment and the people in the moment. We never know when the night will come and remove the joy of the day. When night falls, remember to rest in the Lord and the assurance that He will bring the sun up again.
I take training my project group members rather seriously. I check if they learn anything each time they meet. Be it project or research papers, all students under my charge work very hard. But I have also found that the groups I am getting are not thinking too much. I have come to this conclusion that really I am younger than them. Young minds supposed to fire up new ideas but I found that I am setting the blaze and they are just trailing. Gone are the days when my students actually teach me things. I wish my boys now can teach me something new.
It felt good the other day when I was at a meeting of all science teachers. I was able to showcase some useful sites and resources for their teaching. My principal is very adamant that I focus on my talent for seeking information. He may be right. I attended a course on giftedness and talent. The theory states that giftedness is innate but talent develops when giftedness is given a chance. Since then I have become more aware of my gifts. I am very perceptive. Wonder what will happen when I develop this. I also believe more and more that my talent lies in music and singing. So I should quit my job and join the Singapore Idol...old idol that is. I have thought about sustaining my retirement by singing jingles for commercials...crazy?? May be not. I also thought about cutting a record...well...dreams..are for me. If I stop dreaming, then life can be a bore.
Nobody can say dreams will not come true. It is really up to us to bring it to pass. So like I always say, verbalize your dreams...someone with like mindedness might just hear you and say..."Hey! Do it!" and it is done.
Life is full of its problems. But we can always hope for a better day. Cherish the moment and the people in the moment. We never know when the night will come and remove the joy of the day. When night falls, remember to rest in the Lord and the assurance that He will bring the sun up again.
The rainbow reminds us of God's covernant never to destroy earth with a flood. But the Sun tells us that God's mercy is renewed over and over again. The night tells us God's rest when we throw our burdens on Him. We have a great God and greatly to be praised are the things He did, he has done, and will do when we trust Him.
Talk to you again...