Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Greatest Feat and the Great Deceit

Nobody will believe I will do this. But I did. I conducted the boys' choir from Hwa Chong attending an immersion in Er Fu Zhong ( a school we are working with) just this Monday. Yes, I have no music background and I conducted the entire 66 boys choir. Am I nuts? Yes, I am. My skin was really thick. All the classes that sang were conducted by professional teachers who have strong music background. So I really went up there to be embarrassed. Most of the boys have never ever gone up on stage before to sing. I was really pleased when they came together, music and all to perform the two songs: Guan Huai Fang Shi and Yesterday once more.
When we were about to sing Yesterday Once more, the music wouldn't play. I looked at the boys and did what my choir teacher, Miss Ng would do and smile. I kept telling them to look at me and smile. I turned to those who are not looking at me and signal to them with my little finger (not the middle one) to please smile. And nodded to them when I got their attention. Thank God for Miss Ng Chiau Kong. If not for her training in Choir, I would be toasted. Later, a few of the boys commented that they were calmed because I was calmed. One commented that I should be the best conductor because I did little actions. Well, I had to because the boys didn't memorize each word (unlike the lyrics in yesterday once more).

Little did they know that before I went up to conduct, I prayed. I prayed that God will take over and guide me and that He would remove the fears and help me finish what I started. And praise be to Him. There is nothing so unimportant that God cannot hear or do. He is our God and He supplies ALL our need... no big or small size. It is any size. So pray!
Monday, I witnessed the Hwa Chong Spirit in action. My boys are rather naughty sometimes but when there is work, they work. Thank you Gentlemen.
I have been coughing like crazy over the past few days. My throat now hurts from coughing out the phlegm. Very painful to swallow. Caught some bug and it is really getting to me. Could not sleep well in the night. Any how off to work I go albeit a little slow. When I arrived this morning and opened the email, I found Bonita's mail to check a website.
It was about Oprah Winfrey's church. I used to like her shows when I was studying in Calgary. Her show would be aired around 5pm just around dinner. Initially her shows were good. It was dealing with real down to earth issues. Then the show evolved to become her own healing show. She was seeking for healing of all the sadness in her life especially the fact she was once raped by her own cousin. All these hurts surfaced and she was on a road to destruction. She grew fatter and she ate and she felt terrible about herself. Then she was healed when her weight was lost. I used to watch the Dieting tips. But I will never be able to achieve her programme because she has her own personal chef. So how to beat that. Then the show became strange. It became a show about spiritism. I was really feeling uneasy so I stopped watching. That was in 1995.
Then this link came today. If you are a Christian you will understand what I mean : http://youtube.com/watch?v=JW4LLwkgmqA
After watching what she said I thought for a while, a long while about what happened to her. I saw it coming actually. Saw the fact that she will one day be able to draw people to herself. I always wondered why she did not use her kindness to shine for Jesus. Or wouldn't it be great if she can shine for the Lord? But I also always suspect that she is not right. It is always good to hear her because she does make you feel good about yourself. In this day and age, people want to be empowered. Empowerment seems to give people the right to be ourselves, to do what we think we can without help. So it is important to know what we are empowered by and to whom we are accountable to.

The devil is at his tricks again. This time it is called pride of life. To blatantly blaspheme Jesus and denounce all that Christ has done on the cross is going to have to answer the Lord on the Judgement Day. May God have mercy on her and open her eyes. As I listened to how she explains herself about who God is, I am reminded by how my students will answer me when I caught them dribbling the ball along the corridor. Their excuses, like hers are all LAME. The more my students explained, the more lies they conjured, the more insecure they become.
Once we acknowledge and rationalize ourselves out of GOD, we have to ask ourselves WHO do you believe and WHY do you believe. Do we believe because He loves us so much that He died on the cross and rose again so we can live with Him? Is this enough? No miracles! No stardust! No roars! Is this love enough?
Nowadays, we demand love. Not the kind people can give but the kind we think we must have. Bizzares expectations! This thirst for love has driven people to feel good messages, help yourself DIY kits. So I am not surprised by the 2 million who now attends her church.

As Christians we must pray that God will hasten His Coming. We must pray for our children and all our young christians in our churches that they know the Lord.

Jesus said" I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LFE. No man comes to the FATHER but by ME." Oprah like many thirsty souls committed a big mistake. The mistake of not being a diligent student in God's word. She didn't study hebrew or greek so she cannot possible understand what "A JEALOUS GOD" mean. And mind you, if you study languages, you will know that expressions are unique to those days. How we expressed ourselves are changed. So be a diligent student of God's word. The best teacher is GOD. So go to Him.

I am grateful to my sunday school teachers. Grateful to Rev Peter Ng for his teachings and grounding in the doctrines. All praise to Him.
May God deal with Oprah and open not just her eyes, her heart but also her mind. May Jesus cover her with His redeeming blood so she can clear her mind to see God.
Never rationalize GOD. Just believe. There is ONE GOD AND ONE WAY! YAHWEH!