Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Tuesday 25/7
Tomorrow I will be leaving Beijing and all the rain. Please pray for good weather. Air China tends to delay if there is a fog, any airline will.

Today mum looks tired and she really listened to me and slept and prepare for the trip tomorrow. Please continue to pray she will rest well tonight. We are all packed and ready to go.

There are lots of bags of clothes and medicine. I just got back from the medical hall, the medical hall of the emperor for medicine to improve her health. Cost me much. Found out this morning that my bank account is low. Sigh. Will have to top up soon.

Brought dad with me when I went to Xidan and he was at the Beijing Books Building. We bought two books. One to know how to cook for her and another about cancers. We spent about an hour just to the medicine section.

Then we went to Cian Men (Front Door) to visit the famous Tong Ren Tang. And then we rush home only to find mum watching television. She had her brands essence of chicken when we got back and looking happy we are home.

Tonight's dinner was not to her liking but she ate the veggies. She smelled the soup and she got turned off. I couldn't eat too when I saw she couldn't eat. I think I managed just a teaspoon of rice and one stalk of veggie and two small bowls of soup. Mum ate more than me. In fact she had half a bowl of rice. Pray tomorrow will be better.

Pray that there is no fog. The weather here is finicky. Rather cold. Last evening, I was caught in the rain. The rain was icy cold. I was wondering why nobody dare brave the rain so I did. I was stupid without an umbrella, I walked about 100m to the entrance of the train station, and paid 3 yuan to get underground to go across to buy nothing from the mall and then to walk out into the rain again to catch a bus home. That was yesterday. Today I am smarter. My dad had an umbrella he bought yesterday and I had my rain coat and the drizzle was good. We were prepared for the worst storm but only to be greeted by pitter patter.

One thing to add to the commedations of Beijing people. The bus conductors are wonderful. They will tell you off when you are seated on the seat for the weak and the elderly. One of them held on to my dad when he was trying to get ready for the next stop to get off. Not just the bus conductor but another lady too held on to him because the bus was not moving well. On the trains, the people automatically give him the seat. I am impressed.

But when you get on the bus with them, you got to push your way in...they are big.

People everywhere in Beijing because of the summer. The people are expecting a very hot summer immediately after teh 23/7 but to their surprise, they had heavy downpour. So it is important to pray for clear skies when we fly at 1525 tomorrow.

Please pray that mum will find a place to rest before boarding and sleep through when in flight. I am arming myself with ginseng for her to suck, biscuits for her to chew, aloe vera for her to munch and isotonic drink for both mum and dad.

Pray my mother will remember God's presence with her and God's love embrace her again and again.

See you soon, my dear friends. But I will take time to call on all of you because I really need to go to the bank and start on my work with NIE. I miss home terribly and miss my messy room that dad cleaned up when I am gone. I miss my work. Miss my rest...miss this, miss that...miss...


2 comments:

W said...

Hi Miss Cheong,

Good to hear that you're back and that your mum is better... must have been a harrowing experience, but at least the sun's peeking thru the clouds after the storm...

Hope things remain well for you and your mum in Singapore.

tellaure said...

yeahhh! you're coming back :DD

meet for foooood and kbox (: